The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman 5 points

 I love love loved this when I was a kid and honestly I just got better reading it as an adult. 
I really love this book because I have always grown up with animals and I love the concept of having an animal basically being connected with you on a whole other level.  I love my dog. And to think that I could actually communicate with him and that we could talk and go on adventures and have another level of understanding just blows my mind. Not only that but when he is young he can shape shift until he chooses a form. UGH there are not enough words to talk about how freaking cool this would be. I'm getting way to into it.
Lyra is just an amazing representation how little girls should grow up to be. Strong willed, freedom seeking, and just getting down and dirty. She is an amazing friend to put herself in danger to make sure her friends are safe.

I think as a kid the movie was awesome. But now that I am not I think the book just does a way better job of discussing the emotions and feelings, as well as the over-all intimacy of the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (6 points)

Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (5 points)